Oral Thrush Treatment – How to Treat an Oral Yeast Infection

If you have oral thrush don’t worry, oral yeast infection is one of the most common yeast infections. Oral thrush particularly hits young babies whose immune systems aren’t fully developed. But it can occur in anybody. Here you’ll discover what causes it, it’s symptoms and treatments.

Yeast infections in general are caused by the Candida albicans fungus which you can find in most of us. It’s the job of your body’s good bacteria to keep it from spreading and causing problems like yeast infection.

The things that can cause the Candida to ‘overgrow’ into an infection are things that compromise good bacteria and ‘feed’ the yeast-like fungus. These are generally underlying conditions such as the overuse of antibiotics, the same with steroids, lowered immune system, bad diet, diabetes, medical conditions, long term illness, stress, body pH, etc.

The fungi just love the dark, warm, moist conditions of the mouth and other areas. A yeast infection of the mouth — oral thrush — can be triggered when the natural ‘balanced environment’ in it is upset. This can happen with ill-fitting dentures that may break the skin, where the pH changes, when antibiotics or steroids have a presence, where there is high sugar content, etc.

So that those at risk of oral yeast infection are; young babies whose auto-immune system hasn’t developed sufficiently, denture wearers, steroid inhaler users, folks with poor dental hygiene, smokers, people who eat tons of sweets etc.

Oral thrush symptoms are typically; creamy / white raised spots over tongue and inside of cheeks, sometimes a thick creamy / white coating over the tongue, open cracks in the tongue, difficulty swallowing, slight burning sensation in mouth and throat. As soon as you see any of these symptoms it’s best to visit your doctor for a proper diagnosis.

For treatment, you’ll probably be prescribed oral liquid suspensions or pastilles. You can get these on prescription and over-the-counter. And they can be pretty effective for most people, although many folks still suffer recurring oral yeast infections.

What’s the Best Treatment for the Poison Ivy Rash?

A poison ivy rash usually develops a day or two after exposure to poison ivy plants. The human body is incredibly allergic to an oil contained within called urushiol, which will ooze from the plant if a leaf or stem becomes torn or crushed. This oil travels very easily from plant to person and soaks into the skin quickly.

The rash that then develops is identified by a red and extremely itchy patch on the skin. In time, it will develop blisters filled with clear fluid that leaks out. This fluid will not spread the infection to other parts of the body. The rash can be mild to severe, depending on the intensity of the sufferer’s allergic reaction to the plant’s toxins. Some extreme cases require hospitalization, but most rashes can be treated at home and will clear up within one or two weeks.

Poison ivy treatment should begin immediately after exposure. If the area of the skin that came into contact with the plant is scrubbed vigorously under water within thirty minutes of exposure, the allergic reaction could be minimized, and even a washing with soap within six hours can help decrease the intensity of the reaction. Alcohol wipes can also remove the offending oils. Clothes and shoes should be immediately removed and washed, as the plant oils cling easily to the material. Hands must be washed thoroughly, under and around the nail, since the poison ivy rash could be spread to other parts of the body from the initial point of contact.

Article Source: oral steroids for sale  buy anavar